Monday, March 7, 2011

WHERE is the approval!?!! And car seat confusion.


I have been checking my email constantly, but still no notice of EP Approval. It has been almost 20 days!! Most get their approvals by this time! I made the mistake of telling everyone we may travel within a month. Every time I do that I jinx myself and add on more time to our wait. In the meantime I have been researching car seats. I cannot decide. I have that problem with most things. Clay will need a car seat in his car and I will need one. So we need 2. And of course I want the super nice ones with all the safety features, but  I am nervous to spend $400 on 2 car seats! I know I could get by spending $100 for both, and they all have to meet safety regulations anyway. Decisions, decisions. I am going (hopefully if I can get a sitter) to a gigantic consignment sale that comes around every 6 months or so tonight. I get a mom-to-be pass to get in early tonight (open to everyone else tomorrow) since I am adopting! Yay! Although I hear tonight will be like Armageddon with all those crazy moms pushing and shoving and stealing thing out of your basket, etc. haha! I am hoping maybe to find a car seat, but I am afraid to say I spent way too much money on clothes online last week so I cannot buy many more clothes at the sale :(. I am also excited that I bought a Loopa bowl from www.thinkgeek.com. A little one in Faith's playgroup had one and everyone was amazed! They do not spill!
http://www.thinkgeek.com/geek-kids/1-3-years/c0d9/
My sweet husband went to Wal-Mart last night with me (just to get stuff to make chili) and while I was in the restroom he grabbed Gerber puffs, baby food, baby spoons, diapers, wipes, and a can of formula! haha! I said, "we really don't need to get this stuff right now..." And he cut me off and said, "I need to!! Just let me do it! I'm having a baby!" haha! So cute.

I am going to go continue checking my email now...OH PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE LET ME GET THE APPROVAL TODAY!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I check the forum CONSTANTLY looking for your approval... it's driving me nuts and I'm not even waiting for ours yet! My hope for you is that they email you saying, oh by the way, they forgot to tell us, you were approved and have passport now. Fingers crossed!
    (BTW this is KarenH from the forum)
    Praying for you and all of us waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep checking the forum too. It seems like yours should arrive ANY SECOND!! Come on EP Approval!!!

    As for the car seat debate, I always went for the less expensive models because I figure they all have to meet certain high standards for safety. My critical need for carseats has to do with how easy it is to remove the padded lining to wash. Maybe my kiddos are just pig pens, but it seemed like I was removing the lining a couple of times/week!!

    Signing off and going to refresh the Dillon Forum!!!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your support girls! It means so much!

    Me too Anna, it seems I wash car seat covers constantly! lol

    ReplyDelete