Sunday, March 13, 2011

A new week!


It is Monday at Midnight (14th - I don't know why my blog says 13th)! The start of a new week! I am pretty anxious to see what this week will bring! How will I handle it if I still get no news all week long? One day at a time. Lots of prayer. 4 more days and will be an entire month of waiting for our EP approval.

Yesterday was my birthday. Yuck. I hate my birthday. Clay was out of town too. I spent the day with Faith though. I always love to spend time with my precious daughter. Then after church I went to my parents where my dad grilled me steak! It was good!

Before Clay went out of town he did surprise me with new furniture! (Well, new to us!) It was the sweetest thing hes ever done! He put time and effort and thought into planning out this surprise! I was sitting on the couch (luckily I had gotten dressed that day and not wearing pajamas...and had also vacuumed!) and Clay opens the front door and said "I have a surprise for you!" And in walks his co-worker! I looked out the door and there is a U-Haul in the yard full of furniture! I was so confused and in shock it took awhile for it to sink in!  And then they started moving out the old furniture and moving in the new! And then 2 other guy friends showed up to help! There was a couch, love seat,  huge TV cabinet, and 2 end tables and a coffee table! Apparently he got a really good deal on the whole lot! I love a bargain! Luckily just that morning I had made brownies and was able to cut them into huge pieces and give them to the guys as a thank you! haha! No pajamas, vacuumed, AND brownies! God was in on it. That new comfy couch will be so nice for late nights with Violet!

I get so many adoption questions and I am so terrible at explaining things. I would love if all our family and friends would be as obsessed with our adoption as I am and read all the blogs, books, and magazines that I do and fill their brain with knowledge to better understand what is happening! BUT since that is unrealistic, I would like to post some excerpts from the book I am reading...

"It takes very determined parents to intrusively and persistently impose attachment strategies upon a resistant child."

"Spouses who are able to lean on each other and on extended family...or friendship support system feel less isolated and better able to weather the storms as a toddler adjusts to his new life circumstances."

"The intrusive strategy is often accompanied by deliberately regressing the toddler to the bottle-fed stage of development. Deliberately regressing the toddler to bottle feeding accommodates the incorporation of the other elements of the attachment process: eye-contact, smiling, physical touch, and motion."


1 comment:

  1. I love the "Which Family Reads Together" poster! I know no one will read as much as you do, including me, but I do read a lot. Those are some nice quotations you included. I think they express what we are most concerned that others will not understand.

    I love you, Aidan, Faith, and Violet. I cannot wait until we are all together!

    ReplyDelete