Wednesday, March 2, 2011

EP SUBMITTED!!! And another update!

Yay!! FINALLY! Some movement!!! 
We got an email from our agency February 18th telling us Violet's EP had been submitted the week before! So looking back through the past history of timelines, most everyone traveled about 45 days after EP submission!! So hopefully we will travel in early April and I will be able to buy 2 little Easter dresses this year! Okay, so I already have! I just hope Miss V comes home in time to wear it! And hunt some Easter eggs!

Since we have EP I have also been very anxious because that means it really is time to get things done! Get the house ready, education requirements done, and buy things! I got Faith's baby clothes out of the attic yesterday. There is not much and most have mystery stains from being stored. I had given most away not anticipating anymore children at that time. I have bought a couple gifts for the foster family and a few outfits for Violet (some coordinating with Faith's!), but STILL - I cannot bring myself to buy much yet. Back in November I thought once I get her next update I will start shopping for her. But then I felt that was too soon. Then I thought once January gets here I will start - nope. Then I thought for sure once we got her EP. Well, I still hesitate! I don't know why! I am so scared to buy all this stuff and then she never comes home!  So now I am waiting for her EP to be approved, and then I will hopefully do most of the shopping. That is typically when things really begin to speed up. Friends at church have been asking when they should throw me a shower, and I mentioned maybe after we get EP approval, but after she comes home would be good too. But I still need necessities like a car seat, diapers, & wipes. Everything costs money, money, money! One problem we have run into is not knowing exactly how much to budget for our trip to Korea. We are still trying to save and are afraid to spend any of it because we just do not know how much we need to travel!
We did, however, get another update on her!! She is 18.3 lbs and 28.7 inches!! Such a petite princess! So, I have bought some size 12 month clothes, I hope that is right! Most clothing brands include weight and height on their sizing. (Again, I don't want to buy much until closer to time in case she comes later than anticipated and outgrows everything.)  She is also standing alone and taking steps with support. This makes me kinda sad. I was so hoping to see her first steps. Oh well, there will be firsts for me! She had her first birthday tol and we were told she picked a pencil and then a golf ball at her toljabee. Maybe that means she will be smart and athletic?! Imagine an athlete in our family?!! We do not have one of those! haha! That should be fun!! ALSO, we are supposed to get pictures of her in her Hanbok at her tol in the mail!! I cannot WAIT to see them!!!
We bought this amazing photo book about the area we live in for Violet's foster family

No comments:

Post a Comment