Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Okay, so I am pretty terrible at updating this blog. We did announce our referral of our precious little girl! Sunday at church, my parents, Clay's mom and one of my brother's and SIL came, so we had a nice full pew. Clay did an excellent job. It was a surprise to me, too, as he would not tell me how or when he was going to announce it. He began his sermon by talking about patience and used our adoption as an example and then up came her pictures on the overhead screen and there was a big GASP! from the congregation and my mom started crying and I leaned over and saw my son point & say "That's my sister!" It was so sweet! So we have been getting a lot of congratulations and questions from lots of family and friends. It is so sad that we have to wait 8-12 months before we can bring her home.
So it has now been ONE month of waiting. 11 more to go (or hopefully 7!).So what to do for the next 11 months? I have NO idea! I have, however, bought 2 Asian baby dolls off ebay that my daughter, Faith, loves to play with and carry around with her and she calls them both "Violet". Which brings me to another announcement - we have officially decided to name Bo Ra, Violet! It has been nice to call her Violet and every time I see something purple I think of her and want to buy it! But I don't. I want to buy her clothes so bad but I don't know what size she will be when she comes home. I don't know if or when I will get to send another care package. Right now we are also trying to save money. We still do not have all the funds needed for travel. I guess there is a positive side to having to wait 8-12 months - time to save up! We also are focused on gifts for her foster parents. I am really nervous about finding just the right gifts. They need to be items made locally (or at least in the USA). These people are and always will be so special to us. I really like this clutch and may get it...it takes me a long time to make decisions. Drives Clay crazy, LOL.
So because of the expense of the adoption/saving we decided to have a STAYcation this year. Clay did get a grill for his birthday from his mom and he had fun grilling lunch and dinner almost everyday! And I had fun eating it! We went to the farmers market (which I LOVE) and got a lot done at home. Clay and I love to eat out at our favorite restaurants. We went to Johnny Carinos and I had the best pizza! It was even better than the pizza at Noodles, my favorite restaurant! But Noodles has better bread, so they will keep my business ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment