Friday, June 4, 2010

Let the Summer begin!

Today is the last day of school! I now am the mother of a 6th grader! Aidan's last day was yesterday though since he went with my mom to our family reunion in Little Rock. Today was Clay's last day with students. We are missing the reunion this year because Sunday starts vacation bible school at our congregation and I am in charge of decorating 2 rooms! Which I love doing. I love doing anything creative! But I am sad that I will not see all the family at the reunion this year. Our VBS this year is on the story of Joseph when he is in the prison and then the palace. So those are the two rooms I am decorating. I have been using this hilariously OLD opaque projector. We have all had a good time making fun of it.
June is the month for birthdays in my family! My precious angel, Faith, turns 4 on Monday! This is not happening!! AHH! And My sweet nephew turns 14! My fabulous brother turns 33! And my amazing husband turns *BEEEEP*! Just kidding, he's going to be 31. I wouldn't leave that out! AND last but not least it is FATHER'S DAY this month! My middle brother's first! We are all going to get together at the end of the month to celebrate! And we will have Faith's birthday party also in a few weeks at her Bella's (Clay's mom) house. She has talked about wanting a Tinkerbell party since the day after her 3rd birthday. So I had been searching out decorations and searching for the best Tinkerbell outfit. I had found a few outfits online and so I showed them to Faith for her to pick and she didn't like any of them because they had green on them. I learned that she "hates green." So I told her that Tinkerbell wears green so most everything will have green on it. So to that she says she did not want a Tinkerbell party, she wants a yellow party. Just yellow. So I will be excited to post pics of how that turns out!
Today Faith said, "Let's play Simon Says." Me: "Go to bed." Faith: *stares blankly...* "Simon didn't say! I'm getting the hang of this!" haha!!
The other day at my mom's house Aidan was pretending to be sad about something (I don't remember) and then I saw a light bulb go off in his head and he said "I'll be right back!" And he ran off behind closed doors and was gone for quite awhile...then when he finally came back, this is what he had been making:I just died laughing! Can you see it? They are big paper pupils that he had taped to a pair of sunglasses! HAHAHA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment