Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Seollal!


Violet is celebrating Seollal, the Korean New Year, this week! From what I have read it is the most important of the traditional Korean holidays. It is a 3 day holiday and most people travel to visit family, dress in their hanboks,  pay respects to their elders (Sebae), give gifts, play traditional folk games, and eat lots of food.
Sebae
 I wish I knew if Violet was traveling or meeting new people, learning cultural customs, or trying new foods. I wonder if she has a hanbok or if she will receive any gifts. I know she should be getting our gifts we sent right around this time! That is exciting to think about! We sure love her and think about her every second of everyday.

새해 복 많이 받으세요! 
Happy New Year, Violet! 
This year is going to bring some amazing changes in all our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment