Friday, May 20, 2011

And the winner is...


Throughout our adoption process we have heard all kinds of rude, funny, ignorant, and/or invasive comments/questions. But the other day I was asked the winner of all questions (even beating out my 75-year-old sweet little grandma's comment of, "Well what's a Jap woman gonna do for the church?"), and it was (*drumroll*):  

 "Does she have real parents?"

I was speechless. I stared. I cocked my head to one side...waiting for this lady to realize what she had just said and correct herself or apologize or something...nope. She just kept looking at me, waiting for an answer. All I could think to say was, "You mean, biological parents?" And again, waited for her to realize what she had just said....nope...she said, "Yeah." And I said, "Uh...yyyeees."  In my head I wanted to say, "No, she was created from stardust." LOL, good times.

Aaaanyway...
This weekend we get TWO welcome home showers for Violet! One Saturday with our NCA friends and family and then one Sunday at church with our NWA friends and family!! I can't wait to see the cute stuff she gets - especially the sweet little homemade things I know some ladies at church are making!!

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love those ignorant people! What will they ask next?!!
    Violet sure is a beautiful little girl!
    Brandi (Levi's mom from Dillon forum)

    ReplyDelete